Monday, March 21, 2011

what i'm excited about today

Have you noticed that hemlines are a bit longer for this Spring? I'm very excited about this trend! I really only wear skirts at my knees or below, but all the adorable ones are always tiny minis. (I'm a mom and no longer 18. No one needs to see above my knees.)

Here are a few of my favs.

Anthropologie always has wonderful skirts and this one is perfect. Long enough and not super expensive either. It would also work in the warm Arizona fall and winter with tights and boots.

Adorable little fifi skirt from Poetrie. (Also by Eva Franco, it's the same design as the Americana skirt at Anthro.)

I love the cutouts and scalloped edge on this Ruch skirt. And it's a nice, easy color for Spring and looks easy to wear with a tee and flats.


Another longer skirt by Anthro. I love one review where the gal said it "runs long". It doesn't run long, it is long. As in 27 inches long. As in child lifting your skirt up with his shoes as he climbs all over you proof.

And you'll find this one on Etsy. I love the polka dots and easy-breezy feel to it.
I love anything asymmetrical. Also on Etsy, you can also have it custom made to you and choose the color.

I'm a sucker for all things yellow. This skirt isn't quite as long as I would need, which is fine because it's also kind of expensive. But it would be super easy to make using a basic gathered skirt (like this with a wider wasteband) and a white trim like this or this or this. It's on my to make list.

And, if you're into making your own skirts, I just found this awesome one. Leanne from Elle Apparel made it without a pattern and she shares how to make it. (On a side note, she also has a tutorial for the awesome Anthro ruffled shower curtain that I fell in love with a while back and vowed to make and will make and my husband will love it, I swear.)

That's my Spring skirt line up (not that I'll end up with all of them or anything). Are you ready for warm weather, picnics, barbeques, and play dates at the park? Or are you a desert dweller and start to hybernate in your air conditioned house by mid-May? Our first Spring and Summer in Kingman is on its way. We'll see what the weather has to hold for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment