Thursday, December 9, 2010

Yummy, Homemade Christmas Smells

I remember growing up that, come December, my mom starting cooking cinnamon sticks on the stove for a wonderful Christmas smell. She'd get out her smallest sauce pan, add water, cinnamon, cloves, and several cinnamon sticks. Then she'd keep it on low all day long.

And it was my favorite smell ever. This year she has added a little twist to the pot. Someone had given her these mulling spices from Williams-Sonoma.

She added about half the can to her cinnamon sticks and water. It is wonderful. The spices last all month, just continue to add water as it cooks down. (And don't forget to turn off the stove before bed.)

 My family are not big traditionalists, but this is one I love and will always remind me of Mom. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment